Not a rugby fan.
What a week. So much Rugby World Cup hype. Pity I don’t like rugby. :P It was a little bit exciting though. Everyone was so amped up for it. Today felt like Christmas Eve at work – everyone just hanging out to leave work and get celebrating. And Auckland pulled out a gorgeous day for the thousands and thousands of people who came to the CBD for the opening ceremony.
I gotta say, the fireworks were a bit of a let down. They were supposedly meant to be the biggest display of fireworks ever in New Zealand. But they kinda seemed just like the ones they have for Christmas In The Park and New Years. I was really looking forward to them too. *sag*
Bed time now. Well not really. I should really say ‘Suits time now’. New favourite show!
Here’s some goodies for you all to check out… goodnight!
- The first thing I want to do when I get my taste back is eat some lemon meringue pie. Perhaps I should make my own with this recipe. Looks delish!
- Wee Gallery make some super cute goodies that would be perfect for baby shower gifts and the like. Their animal illustrations are so sweet. Particularly love their wall decals!
- The second issue of Styled is out! A Subtle Revery do a fantastic job with this magazine. Love all of the event styling and photography. Favourite part of this issue is the watercolour food illustrations!
- A wedding invitation letterpressed with antique wooden type by Three Steps Ahead – very cool! I love how each one is like it’s own special edition. The colour combos are awesome.
- EvaJuliet has a lovely little portfolio of gorgeous watercolour and illustration work. So pretty! I really love this sweets print and her custom family tree designs. Wouldn’t mind getting one of those made up for the family.
- Carlo Giovani‘s cover for the new Brazilian edition of Journey to the Center of the Earth has blown me away. I can’t even tell if it’s actually cut out paper or if it was digitally made. Just amazing.