This is a fight I refuse to lose.
I can’t tell if this week has gone fast or slow. I’ve been in so much pain that I’ve barely noticed much…
Health update: Finally got to a doctor today, to have him look at my ears. Both ears are suffering from glue ear and need grommets. Ugh! I was given antibiotics (free – now that I have my sweet new pharmacy loyalty card – how sad! haha) which will hopefully help make the ‘glue’ stuff settle a bit and will make the swelling of my ear drum go down. Fingers crossed for less pain over Christmas. I really don’t enjoy having a stabbing pain run through the inside of my ear and go down my jaw every few minutes. My surgeon won’t be able to see me till the new year to put the grommets in which isn’t ideal but there’s not much I can do about that. I also am going to get them done under a general anesthetic, instead of a local like I did last time (worst pain ever!). So yes, not the best news on the ear front. :(
Don’t really have any plans for this weekend. It’s hard to make plans when you don’t know how bad you’ll be feeling. I have a few things I do need/want to do though…
Possibly get some of the last little bits of my Christmas shopping done Work on the place cards, table numbers, menu and seating chart designs for a client
- Go to Iko Iko – just for fun! (EDIT: I wish it was in a walking distance, and not up hill)
- Watch Bad Santa – “Should I fix you some sandwiches?” (EDIT: Ended up watching The Holiday instead)
- Eat one of those lemon lime bitters ice blocks (EDIT: It’s been cold so I haven’t wanted one haha)
As you can see, it’s not a very extensive list! I’m also looking forward to sleeping in. I’m getting fairly snoozy just typing this. It probably doesn’t help that I’m in bed and the light is making me drowsy. Alright, time for the links…
- My mind is always blown when I see people coming up with such interesting finishing techniques in print. This one is a little different… a peppermint scented ‘air freshener’ letterpress invitation! Die cut and all. Such a unique idea to make the shelf life of your invite last a little longer. If I got one I’d hang it up in our car. Would be awesome if they made a pine tree scented one too!
- Two lovely ladies, Bre and Emma, have teamed up to make their own print shop – Our Paper Shop. They did a photoshoot during the week and you can see some peaks of it here. I can’t wait to see all of it up! Shame it wasn’t up before Christmas, could have done some pressie shopping (for myself) with them!
- Loving these DIY Christmas crackers.
- And another fun paper craft Christmas project – DIY paper nativity set!
- Paint drip invites – what a cool idea! Every invite would end up slightly different to the one before it.
- For all the type nerds out there – The Type Fight. Two designers came up with a little project where they both design the same letter and battle it out. Viewers get to vote on which letter they like better to decide on the winner. There’s some fantastic typography inspiration on there.