I welcomed 2014 with open arms this new year’s eve. There was nothing wrong with 2013 (although it seemed like a bit of a dud for so many people that I know – boooooo). In fact, it was pretty great for me. The start of something new. I quit my full-time graphic design job and become a completely self-employed Night Owl. It was a scary but exciting leap, but I’m so glad I did it!
Life has been pretty crazy for us over the holiday period. We had a fair few weddings during December and specifically during the week around Christmas, so I only got to spend a few days with my family. It was pretty fantastic though. I ate (went completely off my no sugar, gluten or dairy diet), drunk (oops), and played games. It was great. I taught my family how to play Hedbandz with just post-it notes. They loved it.
I’m not really into resolutions or goals that much, so instead I thought I’d take the time to list out a few things that I’m really looking forward to this year. In no particular order…
- Paramore’s concert.
- Giving this paleo diet a good go. Gotta make it past 3 months. That’s the aim.
- Taking Molly‘s calligraphy Skillshare class. And then moving up to Melissa‘s calligraphy class. Yes!
- Going on more walks.
- Visiting my grandparents in Wellington who I seem to only see every 5 years for no good reason.
- Seeing my BFF Brittany. More than 3 times this year please. Why do we live so far apart?!
- Sleeping more. Without waking up all the time.
- Hook and I’s ten year anniversary.
- Juice cleansing.
- All of the awesome weddings we have coming up this season.
- Hanging out with Rosie. Lots. She’s growing up too fast.
- Blogging wayyyyy more. Personally and business-wise.
- Getting into a daily routine – involving a good wake up time, a walk, and solid work hours with no distractions.
- Semi-Permanent. I hope the speaker line up is a goodie.
- Document my life more (read: taking more photos).
- Using social media / my phone less.
- Seeing where this year takes Hook and I.
- Spending more time with my high school friends.
- Getting back into wedding invitation design.
- More family time.
- Exploring around more of New Zealand.
- Booking a full wedding season for 2014/15. Okay okay, this is a goal.
- Making smarter supermarket shopping choices.
- Taking photos of my grandparents (even if they don’t like it).
- Learning to chill out more. I’m sure Hook will be the most excited about this one.
If I think of any more I shall add it to the list. I bet I’ve missed something major. Haha.
What are you looking forward to this year? Visiting someone you haven’t seen in a while? Travelling somewhere new? Already excited about a movie that’s coming out this year? Tell me about it!